WorkCover WA has introduced legislative changes with respect to Covid 19 as of 12 October 2020.
The Amendments to the Act and associated regulations address a number of priority issues relating to the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Establish a presumption of work-related injury for COVID-19 contracted by health care workers
- Discontinue the common law termination day
- Provide for a revised notice to be given to workers about common law claims
- Provide for email service of liability decision notices to workers from insurers and self-insurers
- Provide for annual indexation of capped worker entitlements
For more specific information on the detail of these changes please see the link below to the WorkCover WA website: